Sunday, May 17, 2009

ONE OF A KIND !

















VICTOR GOMEZ Biography (Synthesis in .pdf format) - Painter and Master Printmaker

See SLIDESHOW OF WORK or visit artist's site at: miami-press.com

***AWARD WINNING MONOPRINTS by VICTOR GOMEZ, Miami-based PRINTMAKER
.by
graphikart.com


"ABSTRACTIONS"
International Award-winning Monoprints

by Painter and Master Printmaker VICTOR GOMEZ
After a couple email exchanges, the day has finally come when I am able to visit this noble, calm, almost timid middle-aged man who’s art had really struck my sensitivity as I occasionally came across some images over the internet. As I slowly approach the door of his printmaking studio he respectfully welcomes me at the door. I immediately realized I was in the presence of a true master and, as I had thought, there was so much more to discover about him. Indeed, the next hour and a half spent in Victor’s company revealed my deepest sense of respect and admiration.

His amazing collection of 'monoprints' were spread on a large central table where I immediately recognize the sophisticated forms and earthy refined color harmonies… and to my greatest surprise, I discover a canvas on a wall with some initial strokes of accurately selected lines and colorful harmonies. I rapidly requested he posed for a photo for I wanted to ‘seize the moment’ of this unexpected discovery and share it many times in the future. >> Complete Article